Regional city of Vinnitsa in the Ukraine is located on the riverbank. In the city occur rivers Tyazhilovka, Vinnichka and reg Cherry water storage basin. Vinnytsya City is the administrative center of Vinnitsa.
Average T in January is about - 6 ° C, in July - about +18 ° C. The year is 638 millimeters of rain falls. In winter there are heavy storms (from six to twenty days per year), mists (from thirty-seven to sixty days per year), storms (three to five days). The duration of daylight varies from eight to sixteen and a half hours.
Of the city's history
The exploration and colonization of the area began in the old. On the territory of the modern city have been discovered since the settlement of the Scythians and ancient Russia. In the 9 th century in the area lived tribes caught and Tivertsy, formed part of Kievan Rus. Further, this area went to Galicia-Volyn principality. In 1362 the territory belonged to the Lithuanian principality. Theodore and Constantine Koryatovych decided to build this fortress city. The first mention of Vinnitsa in the written sources dates back to 1362 year.
The castle was built on the left bank. In 1558 was built another fort on the island of Kemp. Vineyard received city status in the 15 century. From the second half of the 15 century, the city received a Magdeburg right. In 1569, Vinnitsa was transferred to Poland, and in 1598 became the center of Bratslav province.
During the War of 1648-1654 years 07/07/1648 Vinnitsa city was liberated from Polish rebels led by Colonel M. Kryvonosa. According Zbarouski Armistice in 1649 the town was included among the cities that housed the garrisons B. Khmelnitsky. In early 1651 the truce was violated by Poland. 11/03/1951, the Polish troops led by Hetman M. Kalinowski took Vinnitsa in the siege. GARRISON I. Bogun, consisting of 3000 soldiers repulsed several assaults. In a short time to help the city come Umansky regiment under the command of Josip deaf and Poltava regiment under the command of Martin Pushkar. Polish troops retreated from the city and were completely defeated near the town of Yakushinetskom forest.
According Andrusovo truce in 1667 the city again went to Poland in 1672, he moved to the Turks. In 1686 the city was again in possession of Poland. During the 18 century in the Right-Bank Ukraine, there were numerous Cossack and peasant uprising. In the period from 1702 po1704 years Podolia and Bratslavschiny area was cleared of the Polish gentry rebels S. Palia. In 1768 there was a peasant war-Koliivschina.
In 1793, the territory of Podolia and Bratslavschiny entered into the Russian Empire, was formed Podolsk province. Podolsk province became part of the western province Bratslav Province - Eastern Province. Vineyard received the status of the provincial capital, and then was transferred to the status of a district of the city. In 1798 in Vinnitsa was introduced "The police position."
According to the 1860 city population was about ten thousand people. The city was opened five schools, hospitals, theaters, one hundred and ninety of shops. Great influence on the development of the city had a building in 1870, not far from Vinnitsa train Kiev-Odessa-Balta. Over the past forty years, 19 th century the city grew in 3,5 times, he held a seat on a turnover of Podolia. In 1914, the city of Vinnytsia became the administrative center of Podolia.
10/28/1917, the city seized an armed rebellion, the authorities seized the revolutionary committee of workers 'and soldiers' deputies. In the Civil War, in Vinnytsia power has changed several times. Here at one time was the government of the UNR. In 1920 in Vinnitsa ruled by the Soviets.
In 1923 the city became a regional center, in 1932 became the administrative center of Vinnitsa region.
During WWII, many city residents went to the front. Struggle with the German saboteurs and protect important industrial enterprises carried out a specially crafted destroyer battalions. 07/19/1941, the city captured by the Germans. During the occupation in Vinnitsa operated several clandestine anti-fascist groups that operated underground center under the direction of Bevz were formed and the guerrilla groups. Located near the town of Hitler's headquarters "Werewolf", and in the city were created 2 camps for prisoners of war. In the camps, killing more than twelve thousand people, and in the mass raids were executed over twenty thousand inhabitants, more than thirteen thousand people were sent to work in Germany. The German invaders also shot more than seven hundred patients with psycho-neurological hospital of the city. During the occupation in Vinnitsa in general have been destroyed over forty-two thousand inhabitants.
In spring 1942 the Nazis were found in the city park of mass graves of victims of Stalin's repressions. In May 1943, the Nazis publicly revealed data disposal and used them for propaganda purposes.
03/20/1944, the city was liberated by units of the First Ukrainian Front. Many participants in clandestine activities have received state. awards. Leaders of the underground work of J. Bevz and L. Hall was posthumously awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union. One hundred and eighteen natives of the city and region have knowledge of the Heroes of the Soviet Union.
After the Second World War the city's population was about twenty-seven thousand inhabitants, fifty enterprises of the city there were only ten, about two thousand dwellings were completely destroyed during the war. By the end of 1948 the industrial complex of the city was restored, began the development of electronic, radio engineering, metalworking, machine-building industries, etc.
Now Vinnitsa is an intelligent and friendly city. Take a walk on the day following its cozy streets, not in a hurry, take a ride on the tram from Switzerland (incidentally, the only unique in Ukraine), visit the museum of the famous field surgeon Nikolai Pirogov and writer Michael heliolater Kotsyubinsky. Relax in the green public garden and park, which is hovering aura of calm and relaxation.
You do not have to miss a minute! Sea of interesting events, concerts and, of course, a wonderful new FONTAIN ROSHEN
- this is what you will appreciate the welcoming of Vinnitsa.
If you wish to visit our wonderful city Vinnitsa - please contact us and we will arrange your cozy staying here in hotel or renting a private apartment for less. We can to offer an excellent service for reasonable price.
Welcome to visit our city and we wish you a pleasant stay in Vinnitsa!
Vinnitsa city streets:
Vinnitsa city history
Vinnitsa was founded in 1363 as a fortress by Prince Algirdas of Lithuania. Vinnitsa settlement was often sacked by the Tatars and passed later to Poland and finally, in 1793, to Russia. Town status was conferred in 1795, although the settlement's growth accelerated only after the building of Kiev-Odessa railway in 1870.
Vinnitsa city view
Vinnytsa. Arch vestibule of Holy Transfiguration Cathedral
Vinnitsa city Holy Transfiguration Cathedral
Vinnitsa city history economy
Modern Vinnitsa city, as the center of a major agricultural region, produces fertilizers and has food-processing industries in addition to electronics, agricultural equipment, light engineering, clothing and footwear industries.
Vinnitsa city scenery
Vinnitsa city monument
Vinnitsa city railway station
Vinnitsa Ukraine city main attractions
Vinnitsa city has teacher-training and medical institutes, several theaters and a philharmonic society.
Vinnitsa city trolleybus
Vinnitsa city Chernobyl disaster memorial
Vinnitsa city Catholic churches
Vinnitsa city Orthodox church
Vinnitsa city Pirogova street
Vinnitsa new Magigrand trade center
Vinnitsa new Megamoll trade center
Vinnitsa city Museum of N.V.Pirogov: View virtual excursion below of this page